I'm getting old, so I may not be able to wait for the completion of a
project that hasn't started. I guess I'm looking for something that can be
demonstrated soon, for one class of vocabulary (language or technical
jargon), before the year is out or sooner.

I will probably try to assemble content in an area like taxonomic plant
names (families) or amino acids or something, see what the flashcard
program Anki requires, and find someone at Wiktionary who can develop some
easy interface for end-user downloads.

On Sun, Jul 5, 2015 at 9:00 PM, Lydia Pintscher <
lydia.pintsc...@wikimedia.de> wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 5, 2015 at 4:37 AM, Dennis During <dcdur...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Easier for whom?
>
> Since it'll be more machine-readable than it is now it'll be easier
> for a programmer to make use of the data to build a tool like you
> proposed or use it in an existing tool.
>
> > Is there an ETA for that?
>
> No. It's quite some work but it's definitely something I want to make
> happen. It's unclear when we can start working on it.
>

> Cheers
> Lydia
>
> --
> Lydia Pintscher - http://about.me/lydia.pintscher
> Product Manager for Wikidata
>
> Wikimedia Deutschland e.V.
> Tempelhofer Ufer 23-24
> 10963 Berlin
> www.wikimedia.de

> Eingetragen im Vereinsregister des Amtsgerichts Berlin-Charlottenburg
> unter der Nummer 23855 Nz. Als gemeinnützig anerkannt durch das
> Finanzamt für Körperschaften I Berlin, Steuernummer 27/681/51985.

Dennis C. During