Completely agree with you Asaf. I don't think it's up to us Wikimedia-l
subscribers, but up to each specific community. We can learn from their
decisions but are on difficult ground if "we" judge them for it. Your third
paragraph was a bit complex for me to "succinctly reword while agreeing
with it", but it's a good starting point. But rather than a "top" list,
perhaps we should be looking at "number of editors/number of speakers"?

Richard Symonds
Wikimedia UK
0207 065 0992