Dear Wikimedia friends,

Wikimedia Deutschland and the Wikimedia Foundation are delighted to
announce the date for the next Wikimedia Conference in Berlin:

April 20-24, 2016

Wikimedia Affiliates, members of the Wikimedia Foundation board and staff
as well as the FDC and AffCom, please save the date! As in previous years,
Wikimedia Deutschland will host the conference with the generous support of
the Wikimedia Foundation.

Today, we would like to share a few changes in the logistics and program
design process with you that should help us all in making this conference
even more productive and sustainable.

July 16, 2015: WMCON Follow-Up Day at Wikimania

Before Oct 2015: Follow-up WMCON15 and identify main themes for WMCON16

Oct 2015: Publish program themes for WMCON16

Nov 2015: Affiliates select their representatives according to the program
lines

Dec 2015–15 Jan 2016: Registration (hard deadline, no exceptions!)

15 Jan–29 Feb 2016: Arrange travel, hotel and visa

15 Jan–20 Apr 2016: Continue program design process together with the
registered participants. Enable participants and speakers to prepare
properly.

20-24 Apr 2016: Have a blast at WMCON16

After April: Follow-up.

After Wikimania, we will start setting up the program design process.
Please note that only thanks to the early registration, we are able to
properly incorporate all participants’ needs and input for the first time.
The registration closes on January 15, 2016. This is a hard deadline and we
will not be able to allow any exceptions. Please support us in making this
possible by choosing your representatives early!

Looking forward to seeing many of you next week in Mexico. Feel free to
reach out to me should you have questions or feedback.

Nicole

P. S.: We have just published the extensive grant report and evaluation
survey for this year's Wikimedia Conference. It is really worth having a
look, as it is not only visually appealing but also offers a lot of
substantial content that can be used by our movement partners and provides
learning opportunities for other event organisers and program leaders
alike.

Report:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:PEG/WM_DE/Wikimedia_Conference_2015/Report

Survey Evaluation:

https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Conference_2015/Feedback_evaluation

//
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Evaluation_Survey_WM_Conference_2015.pdf

(PDF)

--
Nicole Ebber
Vorstandsreferentin Internationale Beziehungen

Tel. (030) 219 158 26-0 | http://wikimedia.de