> I know this probably sounds like "I had to hike 20 miles to school with
> snow up to my waist" - which I didn't -  but I offer it only to say that we
> humans are a pretty persistent and creative bunch and when determined
> enough we can make things work.  Sometimes, having to really dig for
> something makes it all that much more precious.

That is my point exactly. The kids these days don't struggle like that -
type in google, hit enter, and boom! No digging required. Served on a
silver platter. And you don't develop appreciation for something you don't
struggle for.

No struggle = no appreciation = no labor of love creating it for others.