Yaroslav, I agree with the second part but disagree with the first part. I
think there is still lots and lots of low-hanging fruit, but because we
tightened up policies to only include new articles with links to digitized
and paper sources, we demand higher skills of Wikipedian editors. The
threshold of entry for editors has become higher, but certainly not
difficult. I think we still need to explore ways to empower new editors to
give them the feeling that their contributions are both valued and needed.
Jane