Hello Everyone

I am happy to inform you that the Board has unanimously appointed a new Chair
and Vice Chair of the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees.

Patricio Lorente will be the new Chair and Alice Wiegand will be the new
Vice-Chair. Both have several.years of experience on the board and we are
confident that they will help the board grow and be successful in the coming
years.

Personally I am looking forward to helping them get acquainted with their new
role in the coming months as my time on the Wikimedia Board ends in December.

I hope you can join me in congratulating them on their new position and wish
them success in the challenges facing them.

Jan-Bart de Vreede
Wikimedia Board of Trustees