I would have a serious problem with someone litigating, or threatening to
litigate, over an instance of technical non-compliance with the license
terms; much less so if the (alleged) infringer persisted in republishing
without requested attribution information after warnings.

Has anyone directly contacted Mr. Bischoff and asked him what he is doing
and why?

Regards,
Newyorkbrad

bjor...@wikimedia.org
>> wrote:
> <snip>
>
>> Since when has that ever been a thing? With respect to licenses such as
CC,

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Reusing_content_outside_Wikimedia

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Reusing_content_outside_Wikimedia/licenses