Hi Pine and Gerard,

We can investigate our registration options, and I'll discuss with Lisa. If
you have a specific registration that you recommend, please send them to me
directly.

Thanks,
Stephen

On Wed, Aug 26, 2015 at 2:33 PM, Pine W <wiki.p...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Pinging Lisa about this email.
>
> Thanks,
> Pine
> On Aug 23, 2015 5:36 AM, "Gerard Meijssen" <gerard.meijs...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > The Wikimedia Foundation is an "ANBI registered charity" [1]. It means
> that
> > Dutch people may deduct their gift from their income.
> >
> > In the Netherlands there is much more to tax deductibility, making it
> > easier to deduct money for taxes even more and increasing the amount of
> > money that may be had by the WMF..
> >
> > At the time when the WMF itself became registered as such, it was clear
> > that it is possible to make it an European charity and by consequence
> make
> > gifts in the whole of the European community tax deductible.
> >
> > I have in the past reached out to the WMF about this topic. I did not get
> > any reply. It is certain that the process can be optimised for the donors
> > and for the WMF in a meaningful way.
> >
> > PS I am professionally involved in raising funds for charities in the
> > Netherlands. Ie I am not clueless.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >       GerardM
> >
> > [1]
> >
> https://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Tax_Deductibility/en#.C2.A0Netherlands

Stephen LaPorte
Legal Counsel
Wikimedia Foundation

*NOTICE: This message may be confidential or legally privileged. If you
have received it by accident, please delete it and let us know about the
mistake. As an attorney for the Wikimedia Foundation, for legal and ethical
reasons, I cannot give legal advice to, or serve as a lawyer for, community
members, volunteers, or staff members in their personal capacity. For more
on what this means, please see our legal disclaimer
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Legal_Disclaimer>.*