On Sun, Aug 30, 2015 at 9:20 PM, Andrea Zanni <zanni.andre...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello everybody.
> I'm happy to announce that the Wikimedia Foundation has decided not to run
> the Fundraising banner in Italy during September.
>
> In the last week, the Fundraising Team and Wikimedia Italia's board worked
> hard together to find a common solution. In these very last days, we
> continued a very honest and direct conversation.
> I just received the news, and I'm glad to share it with you all.

The following was posted a little over four hours after the RfC went live
(and 12 minutes before your post here):

https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Requests_for_comment/Fundraising_banner_or_Wiki_Loves_Monuments_banner&diff=13392410&oldid=13392365

Thanks to Romaine for greasing the wheels of communication!

> I personally think that the Fundraising Team made a brave move (as they
> will not likely meet the fundraising goals), and would love to see it
> welcomed with the respect it deserves.
>
> Best regards
>
> Andrea

(Please ignore the previous empty message of mine, which was sent in error.
- A.)