Well.. this is imaginable scale - I don't think if WMF have enough
resources to provide free internet to such a huge group of people packed in
a number of huge camps sometimes without basic facilities such as
electricity... See the picture of just one camp:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:An_Aerial_View_of_the_Za'atri_Refugee_Camp.jpg

Syrian people live in camps in Lebanon and Turkey for third year (since
2012)... There is even not enough basic schools and simple paper textbooks
for children...

> Hello people,
>
> Just an idea. Number of Syrian refugees is over 4,000,000 people, mostly
> residing in Turkey, Lebanon, Jordan and Iraq.[1] Refugee camps are set in
> all in these countries.[2]
>
> Internet-in-a-Box[3] is a a WiFI-device with "Wikipedia in 37 languages, a
> library of 40,000 e-books, most of the world's open source software and
> source code, hundreds of hours of instructional videos, and world-wide
> mapping down to street level.”
>
> Could we as a movement get the internet-in-a-box to the refugee camps?
>
>         - Teemu
>
> [1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Refugees_of_the_Syrian_Civil_War
> [2] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syrian_refugee_camps
> [3] http://internet-in-a-box.org