From: Quim Gil <q...@wikimedia.org>
Date: Mon, Sep 14, 2015 at 9:38 AM
Subject: Looking for a co-org-admin for Outreachy 11
To: Wikimedia developers <wikitec...@lists.wikimedia.org>

Hi, we are looking for volunteers willing to get involved in the
organization of Wikimedia's participation in the upcoming round of
Outreachy, a program to involve underrepresented communities in open source
projects. https://www.gnome.org/outreachy/

Experienced org admins like Niharika Kohli, Andre Klapper and myself are
looking forward to support new volunteers in this role. We also have a
solid and reasonably well documented process in place helping the
onboarding of new org admins, mentors, and interns. This is a good chance
to grow your tech community management experience in a safe and supportive
context, dedicating about 2-4 hours per week between October and February.

About half year ago, I asked for volunteers to become co-org-admins of the
upcoming Google Summer of Code and Outreachy round. Niharika Kohli answered
back, and she has been an amazing org admin since then. I'm not
exaggerating when I say that her involvement has been one of the best
things impacting my work this year. She has learned and enjoyed a lot, and
she has been very helpful to the interns and mentors that are concluding
their projects as we speak.

Interested? Just reply to this email or comment at
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T112267

--
Quim Gil
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/User:Qgil