> Those are some pretty broad leaps Pavel. They were never tasked to take
> that decision. They came to a conclusion that the process is broken, they
> thought to do away with the process, they picked a winner, and set about
> corresponding with them, without telling anyone. Then, developed an entire
> roadmap of where they want to see Wikimania next for the near foreseeable
> future. All of this was never tasked to them in the first place.
>
> This committee isn't "community approved", their mandate isn't community
> approved. Its members weren't elected, in fact, I don't know why and how
> these people got on this committee, or how long they will be in-charge -
> because someone certainly seems to think they are in-charge. Maybe I missed
> a call or notification asking to join or approve or comment as to who
> should be on this committee.
>
> Regards
> Theo

​Theo, you argue process, I argue outcome.
They faced a problem, they tackled it, they made a decission. And their
mandate? They *showed up and volunteered*. That is enough mandate in my
book.

The revolution will not be community-approved.

Pavel

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards,

Pavel Richter
Mobile: +49-151-19645755