> Of course it is the committee to have its say about Wikimania.
>
> If I understand it well, the main problem was that the bid period was
> from August to November 2015, and some groups were working on their
> bids. They feel that they could have saved a lot of work if they had
> known before.

​Yes, I agree, Ziko. And I do not take it lightly. As I said,
communications was really, really bad here. So WMF would be well advised o
invite everyone who worked on a bid to Montreal 2017, all costs covered.
And maybe Lila would be well advised to call the good folks who prepared a
bid as well.

BUT: That is not the main point. The main point is that Wikimedia now has
replaced a broken process. And we should celebrate that. (And if it turns
out that the new process does not work, than it will be changed again.
Hopefully not by consensus, but by a small group of people who just say:
Enough is enough).​

​Pavel​