Hi Lodewijk,

On Sat, Oct 10, 2015 at 6:20 AM, Lodewijk <lodew...@effeietsanders.org>
wrote:

> I'm a little confused though, so I hope you (or someone else) can clarify
> something for me: what does a campaign look like these days? Because I'm
> seeing banners all year round (I live in the Netherlands, maybe that makes
> a difference), every now and then. But I also understood that the campaigns
> nowadays are more sophisticated, and don't show the banner 100% any longer,
> but only once per IP/computer/person?

The Fundraising team can better address this but since we're in a long
weekend, I'll say as much as I know:
There are different kinds of campaigns, ones that go constantly in a
country for a period of time, those that go on for a sample of the traffic
in a country for a specific period of time. The team is trying to spread
the effort across the year so all our eggs are not in one basket which is
December. :-)

In terms of frequency, I think the team experiments with different banner
frequencies. We know that if you see the banner more than 5 times, banner
fatigue will take over. So, I think we are mostly testing with showing
banners less than 5 times. For the December campaign in the US last year,
if I remember correctly, you would see it once big, and then after that as
a little bar on top of the page until you would close it or donate.

Leila