All,

I thought it would be helpful to share with you all this blog post from a
key volunteer at Wikimania 2014, who has gone on to launch a domestic
violence charity on a shoestring budget.

It explains how she went about it, what their workflows are, how they
attract and keep volunteers, how they use open licensing to make a real
difference in a non-open-movement group. I've already got some great new
ideas from it, and it has ideas that could help all of us, from the WMF to
WMIE.

Key reading, I think, for those who have even a small group of Wikimedia
volunteers and no budget!

It's at
https://medium.com/@hera/running-a-fluid-and-democratic-volunteer-run-organisation-3538e12c699e

Richard Symonds