Our current plan is to bring this up with the list once there is a good number
of people on it.

Given that the list is for affiliates, our feeling is that it is best for them
to decide how they would like to use the list. If a structure is imposed on
them, it is less likely they will use the list, and the whole point of creating
it would be defeated. Since there were requests for the list to be private, it
seemed easier to start from that point and make changes based on the consensus
of those we hope will utilize the list most.

-greg (User:Varnent)
Vice Chair, Affiliations Committee