Chris writes:
> My preferred option would be to either ditch the Chapters mailing list or
> make it announce-only, scrap Internal-l entirely, and have an
"affiliates"
> list that is open.

There is room for a private list that's only for confidential topics; but
the right list for that may already exist.  As Risker says, you'd want to
limit membership if you expect any confidentiality at all, and focus use of
it on that theme.

<snip other useful comments>

--
Samuel Klein          @metasj           w:user:sj          +1 617 529 4266