While I agree that there is a necessity to link pages through Wikidata I'm
with Risker such a message would itself become a barrier to the creation of
content, we have enough of those already.  We are forgetting that the
people doing the edits do so as volunteers not paid employees, they do so
for various intrinsic reasons the majority of our developments over time
have been eroding those intrinsic reasons with greater complexities, rigid
demands and wikilawyering of policies you cant force volunteers to do what
you want the way you want when you want because ultimately they wont do
anything and that is what we have been seeing over the last 5 years with
editor decline.

It would be better to see skilled Wikidata people out in the communities
training and talking personally to contributors building the skill sets but
if such activity isnt your cup of tea then no matter how heavy handed you
get its just not going to get done or people will just walk away form the
whole .

GN.
President Wikimedia Australia