Gerard,

This "you" is for me? Right?

Well I'm really asking here for whom this was successful, and tried to
explore the several layers that could be impacted by this.

My point is not important here, but this is a conversation, so:

Measure of success:
Wikimedia Commons receiving a good impact by this, new active volunteers
that understand "free" "elaborative" "volunteers", new good quality images,
new documentation to facilitate the penetration of new comers. [1]
At least 100 featured pictures for each 1'000 USD invested[2], and at least
10% of retention with those characteristics listed.

Wikipedia having a bunch of articles illustrated, with good quality image,
and receiving more volunteers willing to help, increasing not only the
illustration of the article, but also the article it self. [3]
At least 10 featured articles or 30 four stars articles, of those National
Parks mentioned for 1'000 USD invested. For being a Featured Article amd
fou star at WP-pt, images are a must have.

"off-line", this activity involving several volunteers that would create
activities to spread the Wikimedia Movement outside the Wiki word,
facilitating the journey to get in the Free Culture.

And the more 30'000 USD that I was referring was about WLE 2014/15 and WLE.
WLE 2014 they talked about 20'000 USD in this event, and we will not have a
clearance on that, because they use the Brazilian Program to burn this
money, and we don't have any serious report, and evaluation from the
community, see the report [4].

Fae, I did some raw comparatives for this WLE 2014:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Requests_for_comment/Bad_usage_of_money_in_Brazil

And tried to bring the readers to the local reality, this waste of money
was totally ridiculous.
WLM made this comparatives also. We can put some "price" to that.

I started this email before Padula's answer, "we receive more international
community support than local support ", because the local community know
you, don't trust in you, they isolated you, and some of them have very
strong opposition to your permanence in Wikimedia Movement. [5] But we are
not talking about you.

[1] I would like to see Wikimedia Commons volunteers be involved in the
process, to create more clear, précised, and aligned rules for the contest,
otherwise they will use Commons as a uploader, ignoring the community, and
creating some issues, as massive deletion necessities. Also they have
participate in Commons community, because during those contests volunteers
of Commons had to help their contester, not knowing what is going on, or
having a unexpected demand, as several questions in Portuguese in help
cafes, and none volunteer who speaks pt ready there (I tried to help, but
I'm not omniscient and omnipresent). (Same happened for Mexico contest).
And they did not oriented about Wikimedia Commons, the legacy left by the
contest was a ocean of "humm... okay", or over-processed downsized images.
The ones that received the quality approval of the community, normally had
to be edited by us. New volunteers, new documentation, quality images or
else, nothing was created.

[2] I know how much cost me to produce a Featured Picture, and it's
something very close to that.

[3]Lets take the first five images of the contest, and their respective
articles:

1° - https://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lajedo_de_Pai_Mateus
2°  - don't have a article for that. (image not in use)
3°  - don't have a article for that.
4° - article about the city:
https://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/S%C3%A3o_Jos%C3%A9_dos_Ausentes (image not in
use)
5° - https://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tambaba (image not in use).

All of those had images to illustrate the article before it shows up, and 3
of 5 are not in use in any WP... 3 of 5 in the winners, less then 2% in
total are in use, and normally just adding one more photo to the article,
not illustrating the article, or receiving better images. This would be
avoid, if the coordination had a conversation with the local community and
listed articles without any picture, or very poor ones. Most of those
stills with none image... samples:
https://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parque_Nacional_da_Amaz%C3%B4nia
https://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parque_Nacional_Serra_da_Mocidade
https://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parque_Nacional_da_Serra_da_Cutia
https://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parque_Nacional_de_Paca%C3%A1s_Novos
https://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parque_Nacional_de_Serra_das_Lontras
check: https://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lista_de_parques_nacionais_do_Brasil,
see the number of red links

and just for fun, try to open the first articles about beaches in this
list: https://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lista_de_praias_de_Santa_Catarina

Understand four star articles.
https://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Predefini%C3%A7%C3%A3o:Escala_de_avalia%C3%A7%C3%A3o

[4] the only report
https://br.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wiki_Loves_Earth/2014

values on this report
13.000 + 6.950,00 + 13.900,00 + 2*( 2.500,00 + 1.500,00 + 1.000,00) =
43'850 BRL ~ 20'000 USD at the time. So 11'000 + ~20'000 = 30'000 USD!

and how long it takes to WMF gating 30'000 USD? Any one know how much Latin
America donated to WMF? 30'000 USD is money.

[5]some samples of local community interacting with Padula's "ideas":

https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Wikimedia_Brazilian_Group_of_Education_and_Research/User_Group_Proposal
https://br.wikimedia.org/wiki/Usu%C3%A1rio_Discuss%C3%A3o:Rodrigo_Padula
follow the thread:
https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikimediabr-l/2014-August/015754.html