We did a long research in 2014 to define the prizes as described in the budget
request and reports to WMF.

A lot of contests in Brasil pay prizes around R$10.000-R$60.000, the value of
the prizes that we gave in Brasil are considered low by many participants and
professionals in that field.

As described on the grant requests, the prizes was approved by GAC and WMF
staff my friend.

I really cant get your point here! You had the opportunity to organize this
contest for many years and nothing was done.

Why you never tried to organize that contests by yourself following your
recomendations, ideas and values of prizes since you are so interested in that
subject?

Our planning pages are always open to contributions, not fallacies. To
criticize is always the easiest way to feel contributing. Just do something my
friend and help us to move forward, not backward!

Rodrigo Padula
Coordenador de Projetos
Grupo Wikimedia Brasileiro de Educação e Pesquisa
http://www.wikimedia.org.br
21 99326-0558

---- Em Sáb, 31 Out 2015 16:22:14 -0200 Rodrigo Tetsuo
Argenton<rodrigo.argen...@gmail.com> escreveu ----

"this is a normal budget for any WLM or WLE in several countries."

WLE Brazil prizes: 3'300 EUR (2014) 3'000 EUR (2015) WLM 1800 EUR (2015)
[1]

WLE Thailand: 510 EUR (2014) Tunisia: 558 EUR (2015) Spain and Portugal: 1400
EUR (2015)...
WLM: Ireland: 550 EUR (2015) Latvia 500 EUR (2015) Spain 700 EUR (2015)

normal? normal would be 500 EUR in prizes. Not 6 times more.

[1] and the currency sky rocketed between 2014-15
http://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=USD&to=BRL&view=2Y

https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:PEG/Wikimedia_Community_Brazilian_Group_of_Education_and_Research/Wiki_Loves_Earth_Brasil_2015#Measures_of_success

> The section "measure of success" reports:
>
> at least 400 participants uploading one photograph or more;
> at least 5,000 photos uploaded;
> at least 15% of photos used on Wikipedia;
> at least 50% of new users engagement during the contest;
> at least 10 new articles about natural heritage sites in Brasil;
> at least 10% of new user retention after 2 months of the contest.
>
> Rodrigo reports:
>
> Pictures uploaded: 4.443
> Uploaders: 411
> New users registered on Commons: 325
> New users engagement: 79%
> Pictures user on Wikipedia: 86 (2%)
>

> Are the goals reached? Basically yes. When the project has been financed
> it was clear that the definition "success" was based on those measures.
>
> There is no success for a specific person on an individual and personal
> criteria.
>
> The user group of Brazil has not asked nothing special, this is a normal
> budget for any WLM or WLE in several countries.
>

> On 31.10.2015 18:20, Rodrigo Tetsuo Argenton wrote:
>
>> quality of work.
>>
>> Again "Success for whom?"
>>

> --
> Ilario Valdelli
> Wikimedia CH
> Verein zur Förderung Freien Wissens
> Association pour l’avancement des connaissances libre
> Associazione per il sostegno alla conoscenza libera
> Switzerland - 8008 Zürich
> Tel: +41764821371
> http://www.wikimedia.ch

Rodrigo Tetsuo Argenton