Dear Wikimaniacs,we are now calling for a scholarship review committee.This
year, we additionally want a scholarship ambassador for each major geography or
language, including a representative from each entity which pays for additional
scholarships; the ambassadors will be committee observers.The scholarship
review committee is an important and diverse group of volunteers who help to
run the scholarship program in accordance with the pillars of this Wikimania.
We encourage people from all Wikimedia wikis to apply for this position so that
the committee can handle applications in many different languages.The main
duties of the committee members prior to Wikimania 2016 are:
   - Participation in periodic online meetings with scholarships program
manager and other committee members.
   - Review and edit communications material (e.g. Scholarship wiki,
application questions).
   - Assistance in determination of scholarship applicant requirements.
   - Assurance of due consideration and speedy response time to Wikimania
scholarship applications in multiple languages.
   - Work with the local team.
For further information please visit m:Wikimania/Scholarships/Tasks (the
committee will also be polishing this page).We are looking for Wikimedians from
all over the world, who are:
   - fluent in written English and have good communication skills, or can name
local community member(s)/ambassadors who help them with English translations.
   - discreet and able to handle confidential applicant information, and
objectively assess candidates.
   - willing to review scholarship applications in late 2015/early 2016.
   - having either or both:
      - previously attended Wikimania.
      - strong knowledge of the cross-project Wikimedia community.

You will be working remotely. While we hope that scholarship review committee
members will enjoy Wikimania 2016 by giving significant input to it, the local
team cannot guarantee financial support for the committee members' travel
expenses since scholarship review committee members may not apply for a
scholarship themselves.If you're interested in serving on the scholarship
reviewing committee and/or as scholarship ambassador, please send us an email
at domande.wikima...@wikimedia.it. If you have any questions, please don't
hesitate to contact us.Deadline to apply is Sunday, November 15, 2015. The
local team will contact all candidates and publish the list of scholarship
committee members right afterwards. Please help with translations on
wm2016:Scholarship committee.Proposed timeline
   - Nov 1–Nov 15: Call for Scholarship Committee
   - Nov 16–Dec 6: Preparations of the Scholarship Committee
   - Dec 6–Jan 9: Submission time
Thanks,
Federico Leva and Martin Rulsch
Wikimania 2016 team, scholarships subteam