Hi Itzik,

We placed that note as it is standard practice to let users know when a
link will be taking them outside the Wikimedia projects.  We linked to the
Qualtrics privacy statement, as we felt that users should have access to
that if they wanted to read it.

Petefosyth has made some changes to it, based on this discussion [1].  It
now reads "Survey data handled by a third party".

Best,

[1]
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Meta:Requests_for_help_from_a_sysop_or_bureaucrat#Re:_Survey_powered_by_Qualtrics

On Fri, Nov 6, 2015 at 5:28 AM, Mardetanha <mardetanha.w...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> ‚Äčit was strange for me too, we never did such thing before‚Äč
>
> Mardetanha
>
> On Fri, Nov 6, 2015 at 3:12 PM, Bence Damokos <bdamo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > My first guess would be that the company is mentioned as a way to notify
> > users that they will be sending data to an outside company if they click
> on
> > the link (but the text you quote is not that clear on the privacy aspect
> > here).
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Bence

> > it...@wikimedia.org.il>
> > :
> >
> > > "We invite you to participate in a survey about online harassment on
> > > Wikimedia projects.
> > > *Survey powered by Qualtrics"*
> > >
> > > It's not the the first survey runs through the Qualtrics, but that's
> the
> > > first time I see credit to them. We most of the time, even in GLAM and
> > > others partnerships trying to avoid as much as we can mentions
> > > organizations names, as it can be consider to be advertising.
> > >
> > > But mention a company (that we even paid them), and linking to their
> > > website? that's new and concern a bit. I'll be happy if someone related
> > > this decision can give more information about the idea behind it.
> > >
> > > Thank you.
> > >

> > > *Regards,Itzik Edri*
> > > Chairperson, Wikimedia Israel
> > > +972-(0)-54-5878078 | http://www.wikimedia.org.il
> > > Imagine a world in which every single human being can freely share in
> the
> > > sum of all knowledge. That's our commitment!

Patrick Earley
Community Advocate
Wikimedia Foundation
pear...@wikimedia.org