On Fri, Nov 13, 2015 at 2:52 AM, Gerard Meijssen <gerard.meijs...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Pete how do you know that Shlomi is the only one who appreciates such posts
> in this way? His point is more relevant than yours because he has a point
> that may be of relevance to many and yours is only a personal opinion and a
> put down to boot.

It usually helps to phrase such emails as questions (e.g. "do other
wikimediaannounce-l subscribers find newsletters relevant to this list?")
instead of just assuming that everyone else shares your preferences or
making passive-aggressive threats of unsubscribing.

Personally I do find the newsletters useful, and don't feel that ignoring
five emails a month or setting up an email filter is an undue burden for
those who don't.