Hoi,
<grin> quality is different things </grin> I do care about quality but I do
not necessarily agree with you how to best achieve it. Arguably bots are
better and getting data into Wikidata than people. This means that the
error rate of bots is typically better than what people do. It is all in
the percentages.

I have always said that the best way to improve quality is by comparing
sources. When Wikidata has no data, it is arguably better to import data
from any source. When the quality is 90% correct, there is already 100%
more data. When 100% is compared with another source and 85% is the same,
you only have to check 15% and decide what is right. When you compare with
two distinct sources, the percentage that differs changes again.. :) In
this way it makes sense to check errors

It does not help when you state that either party has people that care or
do not care about quality. By providing a high likelihood that something is
problematic, you will learn who actually makes a difference. It however
started with having data to compare in the first place
Thanks,
      GerardM