On Sat, Nov 28, 2015 at 1:17 AM, Gergo Tisza <gti...@wikimedia.org> wrote:

> Trying to make our content less free for fear that someone might misuse it
> is a shamefully wrong frame
> of mind for and organization that's supposed to be a leader of the
> open content movement, IMO.

Do you think there is something "shameful" about Wikipedia using the
Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License?

And if that isn't shameful, why would it be shameful if Wikidata used the
same licence?

Attribution has a dual benefit:

1. It provides visibility for Wikimedia and the open content movement.
2. The public can see where the data comes from.

What is shameful about that?