We already have some subdomains that are not related to language, biggest
example: ten.wikipedia.org

My motivation of this request is that makes access for people who doesn't
know what's wikimedia easier. Everyone knows wikipedia but less people know
about wikimedia and the organization behind wikipedia. I had to explain
this everytime I'm invited by WMF and visa officer asks me "what is
wikimedia?" it may lead to better recognition of WMF by wikipedia readers.
I won't make a huge difference. Just a redirect.

Best