Greetings,

Quick update for those interested.

The poll closed this weekend - as scheduled (it was a faster timeline given the
urgency of the case/request). Right now, we await assessment and closure of the
straw poll by a Steward (request has been made on their Noticeboard).

At the time of closing, the banner campaign had 158 in favor (62.45%) and 95
against (37.55%).

Again, thank you to everyone that participated.

As we await closure and possible next steps, reminder that there is info on
what actions you can take at:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Free_Bassel

-greg (User:Varnent)