A chronic problem for most of the movement is a shortage of human
resources, both volunteer and paid. Hopefully the work of Aaron H. and
company on revision scoring will help us to keep more of our good-faith
newbies. I also think that the bitey-ness of some Wikimedians can be
counterproductive, and I'd like to see broad improvements in civility on
our projects which I hope would correlate with improved contributor
retention.

I agree that it would be good to have more open access sources available,
and I like the concept of open access signalling.

I'm happy to talk about the human resources shortage issue in more depth;
let's fork that subject if there is interest in continuing to discuss it.

Pine