Hoi,
I rather see the WMF pick up the work that it does not do. Money seems to
be a dirty word but it is what makes some things possible. Money is raised
by adverts. DEAL WITH IT

When people say that they rather see the WMF and its need for money become
less, they typically are well served . They complain for ideological
reasons about Wikipedia Zero and they have all the bandwidth in the world.
They think the gender gap is so big but that is cultural. The excuses why
countries like Syria are so badly served in Wikipedia are hardly expressed
because as a problem it does not even register.

Wikidata, Wikisource suck big time in the usability department. For
Wikidata the only tool that provides information from the data glut is
Reasonator. For Wikisource the notion of readers is not really considered.
Get real, we are immature and a lot of the big work is ahead of us not
behind us. Consequently our need for funding will increase not decrease.

Having a centrally led fundraising is part of the problem. It is concerned
about "global" issues and it does not even see the local need or
opportunity. Consequently it does not raise the amount of money in
countries like the Netherlands it could.

And now you want to curtail our future because some people dislike ads ?
REALLY you should be ashamed, I dislike ads but I like our future more.
Thanks,
        GerardM