Dear Colleagues,

I’m writing to seek your feedback on a consultation to improve Wikimania,
open until 18 January 2016. The goals are to (1) build a shared
understanding of the value of Wikimania to help guide conference planning
and evaluation, and (2) gather broad community input on what new form(s)
Wikimania could take (starting in 2018).

https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:IdeaLab/Towards_a_New_Wikimania

Feedback on both of these goals is welcome on a survey provided on the
project page, and can also be given on the project discussion page.  In
addition, I also invite you to share any personal experiences you have had
at at a Wikimedia movement conference, including Wikimania.  We plan to
compile and share back outcomes from this consultation in February.

I look forward to working with you to develop a Wikimania that better
serves the needs of your communities.

With thanks,

Ellie Young

WMF Events Manager