(splitting as per Richard request)

> Question for the Wikisource folks: would Project Grants be a way to get
> resources for you? If you can design a project and find people with the
> right skills, that avenue might be beneficial for you. I have a software
> developer in mind who would probably like to work with you if resources
are
> available and a project has the support of the community and WMF.
>
> Pine

Hi Pine. My personal answer to your question is: no. Because we've already
tried that, and we did barely scratch the surface of the issues.
I'm on mobile and cannot provide you details and references, but in the
past years we used both IEG and Google Summer of Code for funding
developers, and we had few successinaddressing main issues. Also, tools
that worked and were helpful are now abandoned.
What wikisource lacks is development to core software, not only external,
cool tools, which are fine but in the end don't really solve problems.

I can elaborate further and bore you with details but, ina nutshell, we
just need  commitment from people who can bring theirlines ofcode into
production. As Wikisource is formally a Wikimedia project, and provides its
tiny contribution to the mission and also to fundraising, I would expect a
commitment of this sort coming from WMF.

Aubrey