On Sunday, December 20, 2015, Brian Wolff <bawo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> If you want to get Dispenser his hard disk space, you should take it
> up with the labs people, or at the very least some thread where it
> would be on-topic.

The labs people are so understaffed that two extremely important anti-spam
bots recently had to be taken offline for much longer than in recent years.

I propose Foundation management allocate the necessary resources and
recommend the hiring of sufficient personnel and purchasing of sufficient,
non NSA-compatible (i.e., discount and homebrew style) equipment
to properly support both existing infrastructural bots and similar projects
such as Dispenser's reflinks cache.

I would also like to propose that the Foundation oppose the TPP provisions
deleterious to our interests, and that this position be endorsed on the
Public Policy list.

> Then by definition it wouldn't be a third-party spam framework if WMF
> was running it.

I am not proposing that the WMF take the bots over, just meet their
necessary service level requirements.

Sincerely,
Jim