Sorry Mounir but 2018 was announced as South East Asia, then Europe 2019
followed by North America in 2020, like Perth your first opportunity will
be 2021 when it'll be between, South America, Africa, Mid East, Oceania,
Central Asia, Eastern Europe and South East Asia(again) for 2021 assuming
of course that this new process stays around that long it certainly wont
last the pretend 3(21 if fair) year cycle that was decided on behind closed
doors some months ago. This was suppose to reflect the way in which wmf
collect funds but Oceania which hasnt yet had a wikimania despite two bids
from Perth(including 2017 Perth could host and wants to host 2018), and one
from Brisbane is the third largest region for donations according 2014
funding reports. WMF received more from there than all other regions(except
Europe/Nth America) combined

Given the amoount of work put in to making a bid I dont have an issue with
looking at the process, I dont have an issue in giving consideration for
Montreal based on the anniversary. What I'm against is it was decided
without public consultation, those who put in bids for 2017 following the
published process were encouraged to do so, and there was never indication
about this until signpost announced Montreal in September
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wikipedia_Signpost/2015-09-30/News_and_notes

As I said back then the damage has been done it'll depend on how the WMF
address this in the future that will determine if its blip or a disaster, I
dont think this quasi fanfare announcing the venue, congratulating people
and celebrating a decision that was made moths ago some honesty would have
gone a long way to mending the problems caused back then