Anyone who has worked with James on the projects will know how seriously
committed he is to open knowledge and that he is held in the highest regard
by the community for his achievements and character. Losing him from the
WMF board is a severe blow for fellow volunteers. With James voted in as a
trustee to rely on to ask the hard questions on governance, I thought that
the endless cycle of "moving forward" rhetoric on delivering improvement
and transparency now had some true substance behind it.

James, whatever went on behind this, always trust in your own judgement,
focus on what really matters, and KBO.[1] The WMF has managed to publicly
shoot the cat.

1. It was good enough for Churchill and a pinch of stoicism might be needed
at this time.

Fae