AWB is made in C#.

C# runs in .NET.

.NET is like a virtual machine to abstract the layer of the operating system.

.NET runs in Windows doesn't run in Linux based OS.

This is sufficient to say that in other operating systems there is the need to have another virtual machine that wraps .NET simulating a Windows environment.

It means a virtual machine running another virtual machine running this software.

This configuration is really hard and requires some additional technical knowledge.

Why I say this, probably well-known, statements?

Because this stack offers something that can run AWB but reduces a lot the reliability of the software and surely the efficiency.

As Asaf says, Wine needs to be set like a 32 bit Windows architecture, so even if you are running a 64 bit, the virtual environment needs to reduce this functionality.

And for text processing it can be a considerable reduction.

Kind regards