I imagine it would take something quite extraordinary for the board to
reject the community election result outright, as it happens. I would
assume the "nomination v selection" differential is to allow the board to
remove members without fear of breaking Florida law, rather than some
nefarious ploy by the board to stick it to the man.

Joe