Could we stop catastrophizing the situation to the extent of open discussion of
project forks, boycotts, etc?

Even if the board of trustees does turn out to have made a horrible mistake,
there are many steps to remedy that short of ending the world.

So far the best description I can think of is that we have a bunch of people
who were there struggling to describe the situation without breaching duty to
the organization or resorting to attacks, the information release results of
which so far are unsatisfying to concerned external parties such as most of us.

It's responsible to reiterate that we (the community) do need real answers to
some of these questions, and that existing answers were unsatisfactory.
Further work is needed.  Delays are not confidence building, but obviously
these are complicated issues to untangle.  I for one would appreciate the board
being more explicit.

This ultimately comes down to trust in people and the Board.  Without
information trust ebbs.

George William Herbert
Sent from my iPhone