I'd like to second this.  Getting to the point of dismissing a trustee,
whether they're community elected or not, is serious business.  There
should be an investigation conducted by an impartial external organisation,
not to lay blame or point the finger, but to recommend changes to make sure
it never happens again.

Cheers,
Craig