Philippe -

I totally agree with you that none of my experiences with WMF suggest that
such a thing is likely to happen.  Organizations and people change over
time, though - similarly, this is the first time a sitting trustee has been
dismissed.  Given the unusuality of the situation, in my opinion at least,
given the *drastic* seriousness that something like deliberately
withholding documents in such a manner under California state law (I can't
speak with familiarity about Florida NPO governance,) and the fact that
both the BoT and James could pretty easily give flat out answers to the
question of whether or not they think it occurred, I think it's worth
asking for those answers.

If James and the BoT agree that such withholding took place, I think it
demands an outside review of WMF governance.  If James thinks it did, but
the rest of the BoT disagrees.. given the general respect held for James'
and the seriousness of the charge, I think an outside review of WMF
governance is *still* probably reasonably necessary.  If neither thinks
such withholding took place, then it settles a serious charge quite simply.

Best,
KG