Hello everyone (+Pine),

Thank you for reaching out.

The HR team definitely keeps an eye on turnover on a regular basis. One of
the first things I did when I started (approximately 3 months ago) is a
stats health check including turnover trends, org demographics,
compensation practices, recruiting stats, etc.

For turnover specifically, we parse and analyze by demographics, tenure,
department, and reasons provided. We also compare it to market survey data
(collected and provided by an independent third party) informing us what
turnover of similar organizations looks like. Looking at turnover trends
since 2012, beyond normal seasonality, the trend line is flat and our
turnover is lower than market average.

We conduct regular surveys to monitor staff engagement and use the data to
help prioritize HR (and inform organizational) initiatives.

Kindest regards,
Boryana & the WMF HR Team