I note we now have on the board:

* Jimmy Wales, who has served as a member of Google's "Advisory Council"
* Denny Vrandecic, who is a Google employee
* Guy Kawasaki, who has served as special advisor to the CEO of the
Motorola business unit of Google
* Kelly Battles of Bracket Computing, which partners with Google Cloud
Platform
* Arnnon Geshuri, who served as Senior Director of HR and Staffing at Google

Did I miss anyone?

The Foundation is also acquiring something of a Tesla connection.

Boryana Dineva, the Wikimedia Foundation VP of Human Resources, was
previously Head of HR Systems, HR Operations & Data Analytics at Tesla
Motors. Arnnon Geshuri currently serves as VP of Human Resources at Tesla.

Tesla CEO Elon Musk and Google are linked through Google's $900 million
investment in Musk's SpaceX,[1] and Google's $280 million investment in
Musk's SolarCity.[2]

The Wikimedia Foundation's top decision-making body is now run by
corporates, while James Heilman has been turfed out.

And it seems that Bill Beutler's crystal ball was in good working order
when he prophesied that Google would begin to play a bigger role in
Wikimedia development in 2016.[3]

I expect further developments will bear him out.

[1]
http://venturebeat.com/2015/02/10/google-confirms-it-put-900m-into-spacexs-1b-round/
[2] http://money.cnn.com/2011/06/14/technology/google_solarcity/index.htm
[3] http://www.beutlerink.com/blog/ten-predictions-for-wikipedia-in-2016/