Chris, I agree the points you raise wouldn't matter to a governance review.
The board's handling of James's removal and their attitude toward
transparency (and the preponderance of Silicon Valley people) are matters
fou us to judge. I'd like an expert to look over the board's understanding
of and practice around financial conflict of interest, and make
recommendations if those don't presently match best practice.

I am concerned that Denny may not have been recusing from discussions and
decisions affecting Google. This strikes me as exceptional, and that the
board doesn't find it so troubles me, and hints that you may all have
something to gain from independent advice.