Sorry, this continues to dig a bizarre hole. It would be rude or even
unethical to nominate someone for a demanding trustee position in a
NFP or charity without first personally approaching them in a friendly
way and asking them if they might be interested and would like to be
nominated. I do not know of any charity where prospective trustees
routinely get nominated in secret without the candidate knowing who
put their name forward, though some people respond to public
recruiting adverts for trustee seats. The WMF is not supposed to be
run as if it were a secretive members only club for plutocrats.

There has been no reason given here so far that can explain this
default arbitrary secrecy. It seems very hard not to consider the
possibility that Arnnon's nomination was done in a way that the
community would find unpalatable and would reflect badly on those
involved.

Just make the facts of Arnnon's appointment to the board a matter of
public record, rather than dancing around it.

Fae