On Wed, Jan 13, 2016 at 6:17 PM, Chris Keating
<chriskeatingw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> To me, "Hello" and "Thank you" are quite under-used words on this list (in
> the movement generally but particularly here) so I would prefer we didn't
> rule these emails out.
>
> After all, if we remove pile-on positive threads that contain little
> information then pile-on negative threads with equally little information
> will probably still remain.

Although I am quite rarely sending "thank you" messages (OK, it's not
just "quite rarely", as I sent it once and it was privately to Cary
Bass), I tend to agree with Chris. This list is quite tough and it's
nice to see thanking and welcoming threads, no matter if I am not
reading them.

As sending those messages is quite controllable -- meaning that people
from WMF/chapters/similar structures are doing that, I think simple
addition into the subject line like "[notification]" would allow those
who don't like to filter such messages.

--
Milos