Today in the Metrics & Activities meeting, the WMF took a significant step
toward improving its transparency and accountability -- something under
much discussion in recent weeks.

The cause of this was not the recent drama around the Board, but a
recommendation given by the FDC in November 2015, that the WMF should hold
its own financial decisions to a standard similar to that expected of the
organizations it funds.

Kudos to the FDC for taking the initial step, the WMF board for approving
the recommendation, and Luis Villa (who discussed the issue in some depth
at the meeting) and everyone at WMF who worked toward implementing the
recommendation. I'm sure many of us will be looking forward to the results.

I have discussed this in a bit more detail on my blog:
http://wikistrategies.net/fdc-recommendation/

-Pete
[[User:Peteforsyth]]