Dear Wikimedians,

It is that time of year again (but earlier this year because we are making
some changes based on your -- and FDC -- feedback :), the time when we all
at the WMF work together to craft our plans and the budget for the upcoming
fiscal year - July  1, 2016 - June 30, 2017. This year the initial draft of
the Annual Plan will be submitted using the FDC Format and will be
available on the April 1 FDC deadline date.

Why are we doing this? We want to give our communities more time and
insight into the WMF budgetary and impact planning, hear feedback from the
FDC, and to experience how our affiliates do this planning ourselves.

The 2016-17 Annual Plan Timeline, as currently composed, is posted
here:  2016-17
Annual Plan Time Line
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ys1JLDhpT93BrduEuA4jE3_RYOYHqakiyvR8LASgPCk/edit>.
As you would expect, there are typically minor changes that will occur in
the timeline as we work through the process, so if you want to know where
we are in the process at any given moment, please feel free to check in.

Based on Community and FDC input, we have scheduled the following review
periods of the 2016-2017 Annual Plan and Budget which will be posted on
Meta on April 1, 2016:

   - April 1 - April 29 - Community review and recommendations
   - April 1 - May 16 FDC review and recommendations
   - June 6 - June 13 Audit Committee review and recommendations
   - April 1 - June 17 Board review, recommendations and consideration for
   approval

Input offered during the Community review period will be forwarded directly
to the appropriate C-Level Team Member for response.  The FDC will make
their final recommendations as a group during their Spring meeting.  The
Audit Committee will review the second version of the 2016-17 Annual Plan
once the Community and FDC input has been integrated into the first
version; but they will also have access to the earlier version when it is
posted online on April 1, 2016.  The Board’s vote is expected on June 17.
The final 2016-17 Annual Plan, Budget and FAQ are posted on July 1, 2016.

We look forward to working with everyone this year to build an Annual Plan
and Budget that will support our mission, our staff, and our global
Community of volunteers.

Lila