Re
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/2015_Strategy/Community_consultation#The_questions
and given
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Strategy_consultation_qualitative_comment_categories.png
was already published from previous answers, I prefer to answer here:

> What major trends would you identify in addition to mobile and the next
> billion users?

I predict a continuing arms race between paid advocates and opponents
of bias. (File under the fourth line item from the graph above,
"Neutrality & POV.")

> Based on the future trends that you think are important, what would thriving
> and healthy Wikimedia projects look like?

I imagine a world in which http://mediawiki.org/wiki/Accuracy_review
is supervised by the WikiEd Foundation, with funding from the
Wikimedia Foundation e.g.
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:IEG/Accuracy_Review_of_Wikipedias
with WikiEd hiring the volunteer doing the work so I don't have to pay her.

Sincerely,
Jim