Thanks Amir, this is inspiring :) by this, I mean, there's no such page in
Polish projects.

As of enwiki, and in general, first of all, an interview sounds much better
to me than 'fill a template and become a part of this depersonalised crowd
below'. Second, traffic must be taken into account. I hope it's obvious a
page doesn't fulfil its function should isn't highly linked or read with a
permanent high frequency. Therefore, designing a page isn't such an issue
as much as providing traffic and good UX.

On 20 January 2016 at 09:00, Pine W <wiki.p...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The Teahouse on English Wikipedia has a guest profile page (
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Teahouse/Guests), although it's
> low
> traffic <http://stats.grok.se/en/latest/Wikipedia:Teahouse/Guests> I like
> the idea of a higher profile way to welcome newcomers to the community.
> Perhaps newcomers could be interviewed periodically in the Signpost.
>
> Pine
>
> On Tue, Jan 19, 2016 at 7:30 AM, Amir E. Aharoni <
> amir.ahar...@mail.huji.ac.il> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > In the Hebrew Wikipedia there's a page [1] that highlights editors who
> > recently became active - shows a short interview with them and welcomes
> > them to the community in a nice way.
> >
> > It's not so much a help and a support page like English Wikipedia, but
> more
> > like a newsletter or a blog that describes newcomers, in a form of an
> > regularly updating wiki page.
> >
> > Is there anything like that in other projects and languages? (Not
> > necessarily Wikipedia, of course.)
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > [1] https://he.wikipedia.org/wiki/WP:BIK
> >
> > --
> > Amir Elisha Aharoni · אָמִיר אֱלִישָׁע אַהֲרוֹנִי
> > http://aharoni.wordpress.com
> > ‪“We're living in pieces,
> > I want to live in peace.” – T. Moore‬

*Szymon Grabarczuk*

Free Knowledge Advocacy Group EU
Head of Research & Development Group, Wikimedia Polska
pl.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Tar_Lócesilion
<http://pl.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Tar_L%C3%B3cesilion>