On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 8:03 AM, Gerard Meijssen <gerard.meijs...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>    - It is really laborious to add references. Many references are a book a
>    publication and I give you one example of a book [1]. It takes MUCH more
>    time to add a source than it is to add a statement. The book, the
> authors
>    they need sources in their own right..

Also, Wikidata has not found a way yet to work with books.
Yes, it's relatively easy to create an item for a recent book and populate
it with a few statements relatively to the main metadata (author, year of
publishing, publisher).

What we don't have is a way to *consistently* work with books (which have
often many translations and editions). We cannot import (yet) library
catalogs in wikidata[1]. We don't even have a consistent way to link
Wikidata to Wikisource (index pages, ns0 pages).

I think this is quite relevant for the reference issue.

Aubrey

[1] there is an ongoing project with the National Library of Florence, in
Italy. We now have a script to import records in WIkibase, and will do on a
local one. Then we will approach Wikidata.