On 26 January 2016 at 19:07, Arnnon Geshuri <agesh...@wikimedia.org> wrote:
> Regarding the concerns that have been raised, I have listened closely.
> That said, in my opinion, there are some misconceptions and there are
> mitigating considerations.

There are black and white facts which make you unsuitable to be a WMF
trustee, and which the board of trustees who appointed you were not
all aware of beforehand because you did not think that your key role
in the antitrust scandal was an issue of ethics worth explaining. Your
email statement does not address these key problems and manages to use
a lot of peacock prose which when struck out amounts to "Wikimedians
should move along now, nothing to see".

Press coverage like the BBC's this evening which leads with Jimmy
Wales' face, have damaged the WMF's reputation and our projects that
rely on "Wikimedia" remaining a trusted name.[1][2] As Pine has stated
here, "your membership on the Board presents significant and
unnecessary risks", though the fact is that your failure to resign
gracefully is not a risk, but a major incident and an embarrassment.

Resign your unpaid trusteeship now, as you should have done a
fortnight ago, and save your fellow trustees the indignity of trying
to justify their bad governance in your appointment, rather than
honestly admit failure and reverse their decision.

Links
1. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-35411208
2.
http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2016/01/editors-demand-ouster-of-wikimedia-board-member-involved-in-no-poach-deal/

P.S. How is that nobody can work out who nominated/invited Geshuri for
the trustee position? There can be little doubt that they knew of his
chequered past when they did so.

Yours sincerely,
Fae